The goal in coaching is to help others hear from the Lord and know what the Lord wants them to do so that they can follow Him.
Here is a question bank that may be helpful for the coach and coachee to ask each other.
Caring for one another
- What has gone well since we last met?
- What has not gone so well?
- Review some of the 7 F’s:
- Family – How is your family going?
- Firm (ministry)
- Fun – What have you done for fun lately
- Who have you talked with about God lately?
- What social needs have you met this week?
- How have you let God know you love Him this week?
- Who are you mentoring and how is it going?
- Let’s look at the things we said we were each going to do before today’s meeting.
Select (this will determine your role*)
- What questions do you have for me today?
- What content do we need to review?
- What new content do you need?
- What would you like to watch me do?
- When can I watch ……?
- Here is what I am learning about ….. (God, mentoring, starting a group)
*If they need:
- Knowledge --- Teach
- Skill --- Train
- Strategy – Coach
- Protection -- Pray
- What are you going to do about what we studied today?
- When do you want to meet again?
- What do you plan to do between now and the next time we meet?
- Which of those things do you want me to hold you accountable for?
- Here is what I want you to hold me accountable for.
- Can we pray now?