First Steps is a resource to help you understand and grow in what it means to be a follower of Christ. These sessions will help us to discover together and apply a few of the basic principles of what it means to follow Christ and share him with others.
- What are you thankful for this week?
- What are you struggling with and how can we help?
- What needs have you noticed in our community/campus/school?
It would be good to pray for each other around these needs.
POINT 1: God loves you and created you to know him personally
POINT 2: We are separated from God by our sin, so we cannot know him or experience his love
POINT 3: Jesus is God’s only solution for our sin. Only through him can we know God and receive his love and forgiveness
POINT 4: We must each respond to Jesus by placing our trust in him as our Saviour and Lord. Only then can we know God personally
- My life before I met Jesus
- How I met Jesus
- How my life has changed since meeting Jesus
The most important thing will be how we apply what we learn, and so we want to help each other find ways to do that. Some questions to help us do that: