Faith is meant to be lived out in community. Here is an outline that you can follow with any Bible passage once you have completed the 10 Basic Conversations.
- How have you experienced God this week?
- Do you need any help from God in your life?
- Do you know anyone outside this group that needs help?
- Pray together: Thank God for experiences, ask for God’s help.
- How did you go putting into practice what we studied last time?
- Did you tell anyone about your experiences with God last week? How did they respond?
- Pray together, that you may get to know new aspects of God and that your friendship with God would be strengthened and become deeper.
- Read the text quietly.
- Ask two different people to read the passage out loud.
- Ask a group member to tell it in their own words.
- Ask the group if anything was added or left out from the retelling.
SELECT A BIBLE PASSAGE
- General questions:
- What do you like about the passage?
- Is there anything in the passage that bothers you?
- What do we learn from this passage about God?
- What do we learn from this passage about people?
- If what we’ve read is true, how will it change:
- My view of God, people, or the world?
- My way of life?
- My behaviour towards people, animals, or nature?
- How do I put the Bible passage we read today into practice this coming week? I will…