These four points explain how you can begin a relationship with God, right now...
God totally loves you! His love is boundless and unconditional. There is nothing God wants more than for you to experience His love and to discover the purpose of your life in your relationship to Him.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. (1 John 4:16)
- Do you believe that God has created you in His own Image?
- Do you believe that God has a perfect plan for your life and that He loves you with His unconditional love?
We cannot experience God’s love when we ignore Him. We oft en seek purpose and fulfilment without God. We choose not to trust Him and ignore His rules. The Bible calls this sin. Sin destroys our relationships with each other and God.
Sin separates us from the life that God has planned for us.
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23)
But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear. (Isaiah 59:2)
- Are you aware that you have been separated from God and have failed to be right before him?
- Have you turned from your old ways and from your unbelief?
Our sin does not stop God from loving us. He even came to earth in human form as Jesus Christ to die for us. On the cross, Jesus took the punishment for our sins on Himself. Jesus died – but He came back to life again! He has reconciled us to God. Through faith we can experience God’s love and receive eternal life.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. ( 1 Peter 3:18)
- Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, who came to save us and to make us right with God? He died, rose again and is now seated at the right hand of God in Heaven.
- Do you believe that you die with Him and therefore you also live with and in Him?
- Trusting Jesus means asking Jesus to come into your life and giving Him the first place. Read Revelation 3:20. Do you want to open your heart for Him?
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.(Revelation 3:20)
God has done everything possible to show us how much he loves us. He offers us a fulfilled and eternal life through Jesus Christ. Every person is challenged to make a decision. We can ask God to forgive us for living our way. And we can decide to live a life with God by trusting Jesus.
Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. (John 1:12)
Have you decided to follow Jesus wherever he goes and have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour for your life?
Symbols and content used with permission of THE FOUR, www.thefour.com