- How have you experienced God this week?
- What are you thankful for?
- What do you need God’s help for?
- How can we help you with your needs?
- Pray for each other
- What have you put into practice since our last meeting?
- How are the people that you are caring for going? What would help them most?
- Were you able to share a God experience with anyone? Did you pray with them?
- Pray for these people
- Read the passage aloud twice.
- Have one person retell the passage in their own words with the group’s help.
- Was there anything missed or added?
27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.
32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
- What stands out for you in this passage?
- What do you like and what bothers you in this passage?
- What does this passage tell you about God and people?
- Ask God what He wants you to do in response to the passage. Is there:
- A behaviour to change?
- A promise to claim?
- An example to follow?
- A command to obey?
- Share this with the group