- How have you experienced God this week?
- What are you thankful for?
- What do you need God’s help for?
- How can we help you with your needs?
- Pray for each other
- What have you put into practice since our last meeting?
- How are the people that you are caring for going? What would help them most?
- Were you able to share a God experience with anyone? Did you pray with them?
- Pray for these people
- Read the passage aloud twice.
- Have one person retell the passage in their own words with the group’s help.
- Was there anything missed or added?
18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. 19 You know the commandments: ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother.’”
20 “Teacher,” he declared, “all these I have kept since I was a boy.”
21 Jesus looked at him and loved him. “One thing you lack,” he said. “Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
22 At this the man’s face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth.
23 Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!”
24 The disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said again, “Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”
26 The disciples were even more amazed, and said to each other, “Who then can be saved?”
27 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”
- What stands out for you in this passage?
- What do you like and what bothers you in this passage?
- What does this passage tell you about God and people?
- Ask God what He wants you to do in response to the passage. Is there:
- A behaviour to change?
- A promise to claim?
- An example to follow?
- A command to obey?
- Share this with the group