- How have you experienced God this week?
- What are you thankful for?
- What do you need God’s help for?
- How can we help you with your needs?
- Pray for each other
- What have you put into practice since our last meeting?
- How are the people that you are caring for going? What would help them most?
- Were you able to share a God experience with anyone? Did you pray with them?
- Pray for these people
- Read the passage aloud twice.
- Have one person retell the passage in their own words with the group’s help.
- Was there anything missed or added?
26 He also said, “This is what the kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground. 27 Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how. 28 All by itself the soil produces grain—first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head. 29 As soon as the grain is ripe, he puts the sickle to it, because the harvest has come.”
30 Again he said, “What shall we say the kingdom of God is like, or what parable shall we use to describe it? 31 It is like a mustard seed, which is the smallest of all seeds on earth. 32 Yet when planted, it grows and becomes the largest of all garden plants, with such big branches that the birds can perch in its shade.”
33 With many similar parables Jesus spoke the word to them, as much as they could understand. 34 He did not say anything to them without using a parable. But when he was alone with his own disciples, he explained everything.
- What stands out for you in this passage?
- What do you like and what bothers you in this passage?
- What does this passage tell you about God and people?
- Ask God what He wants you to do in response to the passage. Is there:
- A behaviour to change?
- A promise to claim?
- An example to follow?
- A command to obey?
- Share this with the group