All of the tracts on this website are based on "The Four Spiritual Laws" by Bill Bright. You will find that the English title and text vary from tract to tract, however. This is because we back-translated from the other language, preserving the cultural adaptations that the tract has already gone through. This gives you the correct logic, relevant issues, or appropriate verses for each culture.
The Bi-lingual Four Spiritual Laws and techniques listed here on how to use it are designed to enable Christians to be more effective in their witness for Christ. We do not claim that this particular presentation is the only way to introduce others to Christ, nor even the best way. It should be remembered that it is the Holy Spirit who draws individuals to Christ by using men, methods and materials to communicate His truths. Millions of men and women in most countries of the world have prayed to receive Christ through the direct, simple presentation of the gospel contained in this article. Approximately one billion copies have been distributed in all of the major languages of the world.
Introducing the article
Presenting the Gospel
Encouraging a person to pray to receive Christ
Assurance of Salvation
Introducing the Four Spiritual Laws article
Introducing the Four Spiritual Laws article
Following are several statements that have been used effectively in introducing the Four Spiritual Laws:
- "Have you heard of the Four Spiritual Laws?"
- "Would you help me by giving me your opinion of the Four Spiritual Laws?"
- When you believe someone may be a Christian but are not really sure, you could say, "I have been a Christian for years but I have just recently found a way to express my faith that really makes sense. I would like to share it with you. Have you heard of the Four Spiritual Laws?"
- Breathe spiritually. Exhale the impure (confess your sin, 1 John 1:9) and inhale the pure (surrender the control of your life to Christ, Ephesians 5:18, and appropriate the fullness of the Holy Spirit by faith, 1 John 5:14,15.
- Be sensitive to an individual's interest and the leading of the Holy Spirit. The simplest way to explain the Four Spiritual Laws is to read the article aloud. However, be careful not to allow the presentation to become mechanical. Remember, you are not just sharing principles -- you are introducing the person to Christ. The Four Spiritual Laws are simply a tool to help you effectively communicate the gospel. Pray for God's love to be expressed through you.
- When questions arise that would change the subject, explain that most questions are answered as you go through the Four Spiritual Laws. Or say, "That's a good question. Let's talk about it after we have completed reading the Four Spiritual Laws."
- Be sensitive to the individual. If there seems to be no response, stop and ask, "Is this making sense?"
- Hold the article so that it can be seen clearly. Use a pen to focus on key points. This will help hold attention.
- In a group, give each person a Four Spiritual Laws article. Pray with those who are interested in receiving Christ. If only one is interested, be sensitive and in most cases talk with him privately.
- If someone has already heard the Four Spiritual Laws, ask him what he thought of the article and if he has any questions. If he is interested and the gospel is not clear, go over the Four Spiritual Laws again.
- When a person does not receive Christ during your first time together, assure him of your availability of further counsel.
- Make another appointment is he is interested.
- Pray for him. Occasionally ask him if he has thought further about your discussion or if he has any questions.
Encouraging a person to pray to receive Christ.
After presenting the Four Spiritual Laws, you will want to encourage the one with whom you have shared the "good news" to receive Christ. Do not hesitate to provide a specific opportunity to do so. Many times one who has previously appeared to be rather indifferent will want to pray when he is confronted with the definite opportunity to ask Jesus Christ to be Savior and Lord of his life.
- After presenting Law Four, be sure to ask the questions on the bottom of page 3 (in the easy-print edition)
- Explain how one can receive Christ through prayer (page 4).
- Read the prayer aloud (page 4).
- Ask, "Does this prayer express the desire of your heart?" (page 4)
- Say, "If it does, you may wish to pray this prayer right now, and Christ will come into your life, as he promised." (Pause at this time for prayer. Make sure that people with whom you are sharing can see the prayer to read it.)
- If the person hesitates to pray aloud, ask, "Would you like to repeat the prayer after me as I read it?"
- If the person wishes to pray silently, you may suggest that he close his prayer with an audible "Amen" so that you know when to begin your prayer.
- If the person is not yet ready to pray, simply tell him that one day you believe he will want to receive Christ and you would like him to know how to do so. Then ask if he understands how to receive Christ.
Assuring a person that Christ is in his life.
- Ask the questions on the bottom of page 4 (in the easy-print edition).
- Explain the importance of not depending upon feelings (page 5).
- Explain the diagram (page 5).
- Explain that, in the moment that they, as an act of faith, received Christ, many things happened, as listed on the bottom of page 5.
- Arrange to meet again as soon as possible, within not more than 48 hours . If personal follow-through is impossible, make sure you establish continuing follow-through by mail.
- Emphasize the importance of the church and Christian fellowship (page 6).