1. Did you make Shimah statements (about God) to people since our last conversation?
2. Share one Shimah statement and tell how the person responded.
3. What are you thankful for this week?
4. What are you struggling with and how can we help?
5. How did you put into practice the scripture/story we studied last time we met?
6. Who did you share last week's lesson with and how did it go?
7. What needs did you meet in your community/network last week?
1 After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them on ahead of him, two by two, into every town and place where he himself was about to go. 2 And he said to them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest. 3 Go your way; behold, I am sending you out as lambs in the midst of wolves. 4 Carry no moneybag, no knapsack, no sandals, and greet no one on the road. 5 Whatever house you enter, first say, ‘Peace be to this house!’ 6 And if a son of peace is there, your peace will rest upon him. But if not, it will return to you. 7 And remain in the same house, eating and drinking what they provide, for the laborer deserves his wages. Do not go from house to house. 8 Whenever you enter a town and they receive you, eat what is set before you. 9 Heal the sick in it and say to them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’ 10 But whenever you enter a town and they do not receive you, go into its streets and say, 11 ‘Even the dust of your town that clings to our feet we wipe off against you. Nevertheless know this, that the kingdom of God has come near.’ Read More
8. What stood out to you in this passage?
9. What does this passage tell us about God or Jesus?
10. What does this passage tell us about people?
Go to where lost people live
Go into their homes and eat their food
Build strong relationships with receptive people
11. Add some more principles that you see in this passage.
12. If this passage is true, what behaviour will you change this week?
13. With whom will you share what you learned this week? What will you share?
14. What needs can you meet in your community/network this week?
In my community I have been asking people "Would you like to discover for yourself what God is like and how He wants to change our community?"
If they say yes, I go on to say "Most people prefer to make these discoveries with a group of their friends. Who could you invite to your house to join you?"
Between now and our next conversation ask at least one person these questions. You will be asked next week how they responded.
Here are the stories of some people who used these questions:
When people respond positively, here is a series of conversations called "Discovering Spiritual Community"