1. Did you continue prayer chain by contacting people and offering to pray for them?
Caring for each other
2. What are you thankful for this week?
3. What are you struggling with and how can we help?
4. How did you put into practice the scripture/story we studied last time we met?
5. Who did you share last week's lesson with and how did it go?
6. What needs did you meet in your community/network last week?
New International Version (NIV)
18 When he takes the throne of his kingdom, he is to write for himself on a scroll a copy of this law, taken from that of the Levitical priests. 19 It is to be with him, and he is to read it all the days of his life so that he may learn to revere the Lord his God and follow carefully all the words of this law and these decrees 20 and not consider himself better than his fellow Israelites and turn from the law to the right or to the left. Then he and his descendants will reign a long time over his kingdom in Israel.
7. What stood out to you in this passage?
8. What does this passage tell us about God or Jesus?
9. What does this passage tell us about people?
Many of the Discovery Bible Studies encourage people to write out the Bible passage they are studying in a 3 column format. In the first column you would write the verse exactly as it appears in your Bible. In the second column you write the passage in your own words -- like you would tell it to a friend. In the third column you write down "I will" statements, telling how you will obey this passage in the next 72 hours. If you are a ministry leader you might write a fourth column listing the ministry principles (things that need to be true of your team on an ongoing basis).
|The Bible passage |
(copy it word for work)
|The passage in my own words||"I will" Statement||Ministry Principles|
10. What are some of the strengths of this method?
11. What are some of the weaknesses of this method?
12. If this passage is true, what behaviour will you change this week?
13. With whom will you share what you learned this week? What will you share?
14. What needs can you meet in your community/network this week?
Continue your prayer chain
Do a three or four column study on 1 Cor 7:17-24 and be ready to share it in our next conversation