1. Have you finished your 3 or 4 column study on 1 Cor 7:17-24?
Caring for each other
2. What are you thankful for this week?
3. What are you struggling with and how can we help?
4. How did you put into practice the scripture/story we studied last time we met?
5. Who did you share last week's lesson with and how did it go?
6. What needs did you meet in your community/network last week?
1 Corinthians 7:17-24
17 Nevertheless, each person should live as a believer in whatever situation the Lord has assigned to them, just as God has called them. This is the rule I lay down in all the churches. 18 Was a man already circumcised when he was called? He should not become uncircumcised. Was a man uncircumcised when he was called? He should not be circumcised. 19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commands is what counts. 20 Each person should remain in the situation they were in when God called them.
21 Were you a slave when you were called? Don’t let it trouble you—although if you can gain your freedom, do so. 22 For the one who was a slave when called to faith in the Lord is the Lord’s freed person; similarly, the one who was free when called is Christ’s slave. 23 You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings. 24 Brothers and sisters, each person, as responsible to God, should remain in the situation they were in when God called them.
7. How did you paraphrase this passage?
8. What does this passage tell us about God or Jesus?
9. What does this passage tell us about people?
10. What was your "I will" statement (column 3)? Was this something that could be done within 72 hours of writing it?
11. What ministry principles (column 4) did you find in this passage?
12. What questions do you have about the 4 column study method?
13. With whom will you share what you learned this week? What will you share?
14. What needs can you meet in your community/network this week?
15. What are some of the strengths of the 3 or 4 column study?
16. What are some of the weaknesses of the 3 or 4 column study?
- Continue your prayer chain
- Continue your Shimah statements
- Have you started a Discovery Bible Study yet?