Caring for each other
1. What are you thankful for this week?
2. What are you struggling with and how can we help?
3. How did you put into practice the scripture/story we studied last time we met?
4. Who did you share last week's lesson with and how did it go?
5. What needs did you meet in your community/network last week?
2 Timothy 2:1-13
1 You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus, 2 and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 3 Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 4 No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him. 5 An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules. 6 It is the hard-working farmer who ought to have the first share of the crops. 7 Think over what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything. 8 Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, the offspring of David, as preached in my gospel, 9 for which I am suffering, bound with chains as a criminal. But the word of God is not bound! 10 Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 11 The saying is trustworthy, for: If we have died with him, we will also live with him; 12 if we endure, we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us; 13 if we are faithless, he remains faithful— for he cannot deny himself. Read More
6. What does this passage tell us about God or Jesus?
7. What does this passage tell us about people?
8. If this passage is true, what behaviour will you change this week?
9. With whom will you share what you learned this week? What will you share?
10. What needs can you meet in your community/network this week?
There are only two kinds of people:
- those who are following Jesus and
- those who are not.
For the people who are following Jesus: invite them to go through the same study you have been through.
For the people who are not following Jesus: invite them discover for themselves what God is like and how He wants us to live.
- Creation to Christ follows the progression that God used in revealing himself.
- After they come to faith you can continue with Following Jesus
- Becoming Church focuses on how they should relate to other believers
You can get all of these at dmlife.info/dbs
This is the last of this series ( Watching God Work ).
11. Would you like to continue meeting together and going through another series?
Continue your prayer chain
Continue your Shimah statements
12. Have you started a Discovery Bible Study yet? How can we pray for you?