1. Did you continue prayer chain by contacting people and offering to pray for them?
2. What are you thankful for this week?
3. What are you struggling with and how can we help?
4. How did you put into practice the scripture/story we studied last time we met?
5. Who did you share last week's lesson with and how did it go?
6. What needs did you meet in your community/network last week?
21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”
Jesus Appears to Thomas
24 Now Thomas (also known as Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”
But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”
26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”
28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
New International Version (NIV)
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; 7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death- even death on a cross!
9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
7. What stood out to you in this passage?
8. What does this passage tell us about God or Jesus?
9. What does this passage tell us about people?
10. If this passage is true, what behaviour should you change this week?
11. Who will you tell this story to this week?
12. What needs can we meet in the community this week?
In a Discovery Bible Study we focus on meeting needs of people outside of our group (our community or network). Sometimes our whole group works together to meet a need. One week we all helped with a primary school fundraiser. Another week I took care of my neighbour's gold fish while they were on vacation.
13. What are some ongoing needs in your community or network?
Continue your prayer chain
14. Have you started a Discovery Bible Study group yet? If not, what would need to change for you to get one started? Who can you involve in praying for this change?